Like everything else, fireplaces come in a wide range of types, designs and sizes, and selecting the right one for your home can seem a little daunting. There are gas, electric, and wood burning fires available, with gas being perhaps the most popular, especially in urban areas, and before you begin to look at possible designs, it is important to consider the fuel options available, as this will narrow down the search somewhat.
- Choice of Fuel – Gas offers the user efficiency and convenience, while a wood burning fire gives you that unique natural feel, and with modern wood burning units, keeping things clean is a breeze. The best way to source a gas fire is to do an Internet search, and once you have found an established supplier, they would have a wide range of models to choose from. You may have additional questions and their comprehensive website would furnish you with all the information you need.
- Quality is a Must – The modern fireplace is a complex piece of equipment, and unless it is made to the highest standards, problems will occur over time. While everything is designed to be durable, poor quality materials might result in a defective component, and with gas, safety is paramount. If you happen to live in Australia, an online search will put you in touch with an award winning supplier who ticks all the boxes with quality and style.
- Professional Advice – The online supplier would ideally have very specific installation instructions, and with online forms, one can ask questions, although they would have an extensive FAQ section for potential buyers. All product specifications would be freely available, especially the unit dimensions, which are critical for a successful installation, and with many images of fireplaces in various environments, it makes choosing the right one a little easier.
- Energy Efficient – Your choice of fireplace will ultimately determine your running costs, and with the world trying to become more energy efficient, this should be reflected in your choice of units. Of course, if you live in a rural environment, wood might be a better alternative, but for most urban homeowners, gas is the natural choice, and with high output gas fires, costs are kept to a minimum.
- Blend with the Environment – The aesthetic side if your new fireplace should breathe some life into the room, and with a little rearranging, the living room can take on a completely new look. There are so many different designs, and with decorative fascias and surrounds, any look can easily be achieved.
There are some established online suppliers of the very best fireplaces, and after a little browsing, you should find something suitable. Whether your home is a traditional or modern dwelling, there will be a fireplace that will complement the living room and add a touch of elegance. You can choose from a log effect, or stones or pebbles, and each has its own charm, and with a range of frame colours, everything is possible.